Recipes

Translate

Tuesday 2 September 2014

Stormy Day

   I went out to cut the grass this afternoon and noticed the sky was very dark. Sure enough, before I was half way through, the storm rolled in and deposited a fair amount of rain, accompanied by some distant thunder. This is the first substantial rain we have had in a couple of weeks and should revive the grass, which was getting quite yellow. I will finish cutting it tomorrow.

   Lots of tennis in the last few days - a good set of mixed doubles at Bridlewood on Sunday morning, the Labour Day round robin at Don Mills, followed by a barbecue lunch (great sausages and awesome desserts) on Monday, and today, our first visit to Belbury tennis courts which will be our home away from home for the next 6 to 8 weeks while the new lights are being installed at Don Mills. There was coffee but not a great crowd - maybe some people had trouble finding the place!

   It has been very hot and muggy the last few days but the storm seems to have cooled things off. I noticed that the temperature dropped from 26C to 21C once the rain started but the sun is coming out again (albeit almost down for the night). After my strenuous tennis this morning - I played almost continually from 9:00 to 11:30 - I ate a huge lunch of ham and cheese sandwiches, cherry tomatoes and veggie juice - I don't think I need much dinner, possibly a salad of some sort as I have lots of vegetables to use up. Still watching the U.S. Open tennis but all the Canadians were eliminated yesterday. Quel domage!!

No comments:

Post a Comment