Recipes

Translate

Friday 29 August 2014

Last Day of Kaffeeklatch

   A few goodbye's today as we finished off Kaffeeklatch at Don Mills. A much more pleasant day as the temperature was in the low 20's and no wind. Not a great turnout, surprisingly, but it is the beginning of the last holiday weekend of the summer and a lot of people head out of the city for a few days.

   Next week some of us are joining another club, Bellbury, for an impromptu social on Tuesdays and Fridays. There probably won't be coffee but it will be fun nevertheless and an opportunity to extend the tennis season by a few more weeks.

   Cooking some shrimp for dinner tonight. I will probably combine them with pasta in a sweet potato and sour cream sauce as I need to use up leftovers. I am trying to clear out my freezer and now just have some chicken thighs to use up sometime on the weekend.

   I picked my potatoes recently (got a fair sized haul) and had some with chicken and corn last night. They were very tasty! I also dug up the garlic and it is looking very good hanging in the garage to dry. I will save one clove to plant later in the fall for next year's crop. The tomatoes are ripening fast and are very juicy - should keep ripening for the next five or six weeks as there are still plenty on the vines and flowers still opening. I have another pepper on the plant so hope it will turn red before the first frost. The "critters" got all my eggplants this year!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment