Recipes

Translate

Thursday 4 September 2014

Hot! Hot! Hot!

     My outdoor thermometer registered 31C this afternoon, the pool was 77F and it's September! Not too shabby!!

    Tennis this morning and, although it was hot, the humidity seems to have dissipated. Played mixed doubles with Paul against the two Cathys and we won after a slow start. We played until about 10:30 then it was home for a swim, a little gardening, a pot of soup on the boil and finally lunch and a nap.

   I watched the US Open men's quarter-final match this afternoon and will see the other one this evening (two were played yesterday). The seeds are falling but  still some exciting players left in the mix. Tomorrow it's Ladies semis so I will try not to miss that.

    Yesterday, I made cabbage rolls, only I used some Swiss Chard leaves from the garden instead of cabbage. They worked perfectly and I will have the leftovers tomorrow. Tonight it's broiled salmon fillet and green beans with some of the leftover rice mixture from the cabbage rolls on the side.

    Got my Hydro bill today and it's a whopping $345. Probably from running the pool pump although I do turn it off at night. That's for 2 months but is considerably more than last year at this time. I've only had the air conditioning on a few times this summer but that also may account for the increase as I didn't have a working air conditioner last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment