Recipes

Translate

Wednesday 10 September 2014

A Dreary Day

   After being overcast all day, the rain finally arrived late this afternoon. Quite a lot is forecast to fall by late evening but tomorrow should be dry and brighter. This is good as I am going on a bus trip and short cruise in the Thousand Islands area of the St. Lawrence River. We will have lunch on the boat which should be fun! I must remember to take my camera as there will be lots to see from the boat.

    Today was my first truly free day since James is now in Kindergarten. I was a little worried that time would hang heavily, but I kept busy with housework, a trip to the library and some gardening.  Last week I was quite busy with something planned for each day, but as long as I have a decent book to read, I find the time passes quickly.

   Scottish Country Dancing started on Monday night and it was great to see everyone after our summer break. We took a longer than usual tea break as there was so much news to catch up on. We had a good turnout of 18 people which is two sets and Donalda had some interesting dances prepared for us.

   Dinner tonight was chicken pot pie using leftover meat from a bird I roasted on the weekend. There is still some left for tomorrow night as I won't need a big meal after my lunch out.

No comments:

Post a Comment