Recipes

Translate

Thursday 17 January 2019

A Bit of Excitement

   As I was dropping off a prescription at my local drug store this morning everyone at the plaza coffee shop was agog at the sight of 5 police cars parked any which way in the parking lot. They seemed to be interested in an abandoned car which they were emptying and searching. Perhaps we will find out more when tomorrow's newspaper arrives.

   Another good find, bookwise, this time at this morning's Probus Club book table. This is strictly a book exchange so you drop off any books you are done with and take as many as you want. I always take my hard cover books there as we only take paperbacks at the other book sale.



Although looking like biographies, they are actually fiction. They are both around 900 pages in length so will require quite a bit of uninterrupted spare time. I am particularly interested in reading the Mary, Queen of Scots book as I missed the movie on her life that came out this past Fall. I won't be starting either book for some time as I have so many books lined up already. Just keeping up with my Book Club books is a challenge! 

   Another day of dashing from the house to the car and back again - it was minus 10C again this morning. I had a dentist appointment first thing and the car barely got warmed up during the drive there. However, I was just glad I didn't have to take a bus!

No comments:

Post a Comment