Recipes

Translate

Wednesday 2 December 2015

Still Late Fall Weather

     The day started out overcast but by noon the clouds were parting and soon the sun was shining. The temperature reached a comfortable 6C but out of the sun it was still quite chilly.

    I had an early start today with a fitness class at 9:00 a.m. I didn't linger very long over coffee as I needed to change and get down to Scarborough Golf Club for the RTO Christmas lunch. It was a fabulous buffet (roast beef, smoked salmon, salads, vegetables and lots more) and the desserts were to die for! I had good companions at my table and plenty of interesting conversation. I managed not to overeat but still felt uncomfortably full by the time I left. It was that last piece of chocolate mousse that did me in.

   I dropped in to the Senior's Centre to make sure my shift at the coffee bar was covered. There was no need to stay and Marion declined my offer to cover her next shift. So all's good. Tonight I am watching the last episode of "Game of Thrones" but the DVD is acting up and I have had to skip several scenes.  I hope the next season is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment