Recipes

Translate

Friday 18 December 2015

A New Bridge Group

   Quite an interesting day but it started off slowly. I stayed in bed dozing until 8:45 then had a light breakfast - egg on toast with orange juice and half a banana. Cleaned up last night's dishes then read the newspaper for half an hour. The Business section continues to be depressing as the Canadian dollar keeps falling as does the SP TSX. My investments have lost over 10% so far this year!

   I didn't exercise this morning due to my late start but did walk over to the Senior's Centre around 11:15. I stopped to chat with Samia while having my free coffee then joined the Bridge players. This is a new group I am trying out. We pay 50 cents, keep score, then someone gets the "pot" at the end of the afternoon. It was a bit more stressful than my usual game but we kept changing partners so I managed to avoid embarrassing myself too much. I did manage to win one contract, thank goodness!

    I left there with my free lunch (Lasagna Soup) by 3:00, walked home, heated up and ate the soup, and took a nap. The rest of the day has been uneventful and I will just relax by the fire for the rest of the evening with the computer and the TV. It was much colder today but is staying just above freezing. Long may it continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment