Recipes

Translate

Thursday 17 December 2015

No Snow Yet

    Two busy days left me little time to post here so I will catch you up.

    Tuesday started with tennis - I was playing a bit better but was quite exhausted when we quit at 11:40. Unfortunately I had to run a couple of errands on the way home so just had a quick lunch and headed straight for bed. I was loathe to get up after an hour but had decided previously I would go to the cinema and I'm glad I forced myself out of bed!

   I saw "Legend", a quite violent (lots of blood) true story of two gangster brothers in '60's London. One is quite demented and the other is just a petty criminal. At one point their mother says to the latter "It don't matter wot e's done, e's still your bruvver" and after the smarter brother brutally stabs a member of their gang and the other asks him why, he says "Because I can't kill you". I came out quite drained of emotion but it is well worth seeing even if just for all the 60's tunes.

   Wednesday was also hectic - up early to bake sausage rolls for a pot luck lunch at the Senior's Centre. It was the Bridge group's Christmas party but I was also on kitchen duty. Between making and pouring coffee and tea and stacking the dishwasher I managed to grab some food - there was enough to feed an army and some of it very tasty! I brought home a pie and some mini quiches which were going begging and ate more than my fair share of devilled eggs and Nanaimo bars.

    Today was a little less hectic but still busy. I did my morning exercise show and walked over for a free coffee as on Monday. It was a beautiful day for a walk, 9C and sunny, so I took my time and just enjoyed what may be the last of the good weather. I was home in time to shower and change before heading  out to Panera Bread for lunch with Judy.

   We ate and chewed the fat for an hour or so, then she went off to shop (her next to last day before the kids are home for the holidays) and I went for some tennis. I managed three sets (they're short so it wasn't too tiring) and then had a swim and soak in the hot tub. Home by 4:00 and just relaxing since then. Tonight is the last episode of the current B.B.T. season so I will watch that and the news and I will be done for the day.

B.B.T = Big Bang Theory

No comments:

Post a Comment