Recipes

Translate

Sunday 6 December 2015

A Quiet Day at Home

    A bit on the chilly side today but sunny, so I was able to work in the garden for a while this morning. This week is the last garden refuse pick up for the winter and I want to clear some of the bushes by my front walk to make room for piling up the anticipated snow. I will fill another bin tomorrow and that should be it until March or April.

   I have spent quite a bit of today reading `The Illegal` by Lawrence Hill. It is good, so far, and quite topical, although his illegal immigrant is from a fictitious country in the Indian Ocean. I enjoyed his last book, `The Book of Negroes` although it was rather gruesome.

    Chicken drumsticks done in a tomato sauce and broccoli and cheese casserole for dinner tonight. It smells delicious in the oven, and I will open a bottle of wine. Bon appetit to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment