Recipes

Translate

Tuesday 1 August 2023

A Close Encounter

    Came face to face with this interloper today as he dipped his paws into my pool and had a drink. 



     He wasn't fazed by my appearance and just ignored me as I yelled at him. Don't want him to get the idea he's welcome in my back yard! I returned with a broom and finally managed to persuade him to leave although I've no doubt he'll be back. Raccoons are usually nocturnal but often leave evidence (rather disgusting) that they have been there. 


 

   This is how he found his way into my back yard. Normally called the "squirrel highway" as they chase each other from yard to yard, it may have to be renamed!

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Last week we had a visit from a skunk but I didn't manage to get a photo of him as he didn't hang around very long.

      Delete
  2. He's a healthy one! I don't like raccoons at all & mostly because of the "greeting" they leave behind. Filthy beasts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did wonder if he was a juvenile as he didn't seem at all afraid of me.

      Delete
  3. Keeping my fingers crossed that Mr. (or Mrs.) Raccoon is not a frequent visitor.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure s/he will be back, just not when I'm around!

      Delete
  4. He/she are always a nuisance here too, along with chipmunks digging holes everywhere. Hope the bandit finds a new source of liquid refreshment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's rather disturbing to think he (and his buddies) are drinking from my pool on a regular basis!

    ReplyDelete