Recipes

Translate

Wednesday 16 August 2023

My Wednesday Schedule

    Wednesday is my day at the Seniors Centre but first I did a quick grocery shop, for fresh fruit and veg. The grapes were so nice today (sometimes they're not) and I bought a small bunch - $3.00 yikes! I also got a humungous cauliflower, a much better buy, for $2.99. It will do me several meals and a pot of soup. I'm sure!



    The Seniors Centre was buzzing with activity as usual and I sold lots of coffee, cookies and pies. There were Fitness classes, Belly dancing. Line dancing, Snooker and Art classes. I take the "Stretch and Strength" class at 10:15 then, after a coffee break, start in the kitchen at 11:45. I meant to get a photo of me in the kitchen but my camera battery died.

    It was "Fruit Day" and we all took full advantage of the treats. Also tried for a photo of the Fitness class but, no luck there either.



   Since coming home I have been in the pool and enjoying the sun in the back yard. I find it's better to wait until early evening as the water has warmed up a bit and the sun isn't as strong. We had a high of 27C today and mainly blue skies.



8 comments:

  1. Your center looks to be a hub of great activities.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is. The staff make it so welcoming!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. A little cooler today but still very comfortable.

      Delete
  3. That's a cauliflower and a half, for sure. A great purchase. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still haven't tackled it but have great plans!

      Delete
  4. I purchased a cauliflower this week too. I agree about the grapes. I am going to join the Seniors Center for exercise and activities. Nice day yesterday here too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This a great time of year for fresh produce. Nice to hear from you, Pat.

      Delete