Recipes

Translate

Monday 21 August 2023

This, That and the Other

    Missed yesterday (I'm trying to blog every day) as there really wasn't anything worth talking about. I did use up some more of the gigantic cauliflower and will be eating it again tonight. And we played tennis in the morning, it was nice and cool for a change. We have decided to go back to a 9:00 a.m. start next week so an extra hour in bed - yippee!

   Today was a slow start - I worked out for an hour (gently!) and had a late breakfast followed by a wallow in the tub. Then off to Bridge with a light packed lunch. More gardening when I got home and a swim after as it was sweaty work. I am trying to clear a bed which has got very overgrown. Here's the progress so far.


    I am hoping to transplant an evergreen shrub there once it is cleared but it is hard slogging! There seems to be a very dense root system down there.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Just doing a little each day so I don't wreck my back!

      Delete
  2. Hats off to you trying to blog everyday ... Thankfully we have had lots of rain, so the soil should be less like cement in clearing out that corner with the cute statue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the doe and fawn are finally being revealed!

      Delete
  3. I hope you get the area cleared so you can plant your shrub. Looks like heavy going for sure.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The earth is quite soft, it's just bending over to pull out the roots that requires some work.

      Delete