Recipes

Translate

Wednesday 23 August 2023

A (Wednes)Day in the Life Of........

    Wednesday is my day at the Seniors Centre but first I do my weekly shop as soon as the store opens at 8:00 a.m. This is a holdover of the pandemic years when shopping early, when the stores was relatively empty, was advised. After putting away the groceries I have breakfast, usually oat bran cereal, and do a few kitchen chores.

   My fitness class starts at 10:15 and today we got a good workout with Brenda. It's a pretty big class (about 24 today) but she manages to give some personal instruction where required. After the class I usually buy a  coffee, my first of the day, and have it with a snack. Today I brought a slice of my own zucchini bread to have something fairly healthy.

   My shift in the kitchen starts at noon but I usually start a bit before that so that the morning volunteer can get home for lunch. Today we had a run on meat pies and will probably be out of them by Friday. There should be another delivery next Monday. Luckily tomorrow is BBQ day so those who have bought a ticket ($3 for a burger and potato salad) will be able to still get lunch. I have other plans or I would be eating there too!

   I did some more digging when I got home around 3:00 but not too strenuously as it had been a busy day. This evening I signed up for a week's free trial with Acorn TV and have bookmarked several shows I think I will enjoy. Whether or not I actually sign up for the membership will depend how much I actually watch this week and whether the service is reliable. So far it seems to be worth the $9 monthly fee.

2 comments:

  1. I’ve been toying with trying either Acorn or Brit Box. You had a good, busy day! - Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was a good selection to choose from but several I had already seen.

      Delete