Recipes

Translate

Saturday 19 August 2023

Stocking Up on Books

    The weather has improved today as the wind has changed direction and is no longer blowing from the north. I did very little today aside from pottering around the house (laundry, kitchen tidy-up, etc.), picking up some new library books and cutting the back grass. I needed a swim after that as it was hot, sweaty work. The water was on the cool side but so refreshing!

   I am now well stocked up with reading material (I'm not a very fast reader) so these three books should last me a couple of weeks. I hate to run out of books!


   I can't wait to get into the Kate Morton book as I am sure I will enjoy it. I have read several other novels she has written. This one is set in Australia and the small section I read this afternoon sounds intriguing!

4 comments:

  1. I have read the Ann Cleeves book and really liked it. I need to look for the Kate Morton one.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'll like it. I have read most of the Cleeves books and watched several of her series on TV.

      Delete
  2. I love Kate Morton. Have you read any books by Jane Harper? She really brings the country to life. You can taste the dust.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, but I'll look for one and give it a try.

      Delete