Recipes

Translate

Monday 14 August 2023

Harvesting and Volunteering

    I have been absent from blogging for the past week as I was volunteering at our local tennis tournament. It was a 1000 level ATP event so was well attended by players and fans so it was a busy week. After the final yesterday the volunteers were treated to a party with lots of good food, drink and prizes, and I received the MVP award for my committee (mainly because it was my 18th year as a volunteer!)


While away all week my garden has continued to flourish so I did a massive cull of all the ripe tomatoes and zucchinis today. Tomorrow I will need to blanch, peel and chop the tomatoes for the freezer as there are more almost ready to pick. The zucchinis will probably be eaten right away.





6 comments:

  1. I am in awe of your vegetable production. I will give tomatoes one last chance this year. Congrats on the award - well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still lots more to come. I do enjoy the week I spend volunteering so it was nice to be recognized.

      Delete
  2. That's a lovely harvest and well done on your award. Well deserved. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tomatoes have been great this year. I planted them close to the composter so the earth was rich.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your MVP award. Your harvest is abundant. When I see zucchini I cannot help but think of chocolate cake (lol).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have a good chocolate zucchini recipe too.

      Delete