Recipes

Translate

Thursday 4 August 2022

Catchup

    I have been very busy for the last few days but with nothing much to blog about, so thought I'd better post something. 

  Tennis is continuing but I am finding 2 hours a bit much on the hot days although we start at 8:00 a.m. I think I may have to cut back to one hour. The pool has been a blessing for cooling off afterwards. The family have been over a couple of times for a swim and Judy usually brings something to barbecue so I have had some delicious meals courtesy of them. Unfortunately today's visit was rained out  but, as the garden was in dire need of a soaking, the rain was quite welcome. The grass is quite brown in spots and the weeds are taking over!

   Next week is the tennis tournament here in Toronto and I will be working as a volunteer at the front gate, another reason to post something before that starts. Most of the top women tennis players will be here so it is quite something to see. It has been two years since the last full tournament as Covid restrictions were in place last year and 2020. It will be great to see all the familiar faces both on and off the court when we open up on Saturday.

    The raspberries are almost over for this year but I have had tons and ate bowls of them for dessert every day for the last two weeks. Now I am inundated with tomatoes! Every meal contains tomatoes in some shape or form but I prefer them straight off the vine, especially the cherry tomatoes. The guy with the truck who sells corn fresh from his farm showed up last week so I have had fresh corn with almost every meal too. Well, the rain has stopped so I'd better get out there and start weeding! Have a great day, everyone.

9 comments:

  1. Enjoy your volunteering at the tennis. I will probably watch a few of the matches.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't watch much while I'm there - too hot in the stands - but go home and watch on TV!

      Delete
  2. You never stop! The fresh corn sounds delicious as does everything else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't beat it straight from the field although it costs more than in the stores.

      Delete
  3. I'm loving my tomatoes at the moment too and the corn sounds wonderful. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cobs are huge! I only can eat a half smothered in butter and some fresh ground pepper.

      Delete
  4. Yes we also finally got some of the rain & I am most thankful for it! What fun to be right at the heart of action for the tennis tournament; hope you enjoy. That's so nice that the family brings dinner for all to enjoy - it's like dinner surprise :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always enjoy something someone else cooks for me! It's fun to spot the odd celebrity as they enter the grounds - we are on the gates.

      Delete
  5. Oh corn and tomatoes -- that sounds like classic summer fare to me. I miss fresh tomatoes from my Dad's garden - nothing ever compared to those. And I didn't fully appreciate them growing up.

    ReplyDelete