Recipes

Translate

Monday 15 August 2022

Working at the Tennis Tournament

    Recuperating today after a very busy week. We had some really hot days which were extremely exhausting. Most of my shifts were early afternoon to evening so I was really dragging by the time I walked back to the distant parking lot at the end of the day! But I was glad to have the mornings to gather myself and prepare for the day ahead. We had a great party last night which made for a lovely send off and will encourage us to return to volunteer again next year. There were 1200 volunteers at this year's tournament.

This is me at the main gate in my uniform.


The men were playing in Montreal and we could watch it on the big screen TV.
I got assigned the VIP entrance a couple of times - it was much quieter.


My preferred spot!

We didn't get much chance to watch the matches but you can see how full the stadium was for the Final.


It's hard to catch the players in action but this is the Brazilian player serving in the final set.




Most of the big names were here for both the Men's and Women's Singles. Simona Halep won here in Toronto and Pablo Carreno Busta won in Montreal. There were many, many Romanians (and others) cheering on Simona with flags, signs and chants (SI-MO-NA) and the atmosphere was quite electric! I got to watch the last half of the singles match and a doubles match that followed. Two Americans won that. Well, that's it for another year. The men will be playing here in 2023.

5 comments:

  1. What a great experience for a tennis lover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really amazing how many people enjoy spectator sports here!

      Delete
  2. How exciting for you - I'm glad you enjoyed it so much. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW that was such a positive experience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking very smart in that uniform. I'm glad you had a great time volunteering at the match, sounds as if you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete