Recipes

Translate

Friday 5 August 2022

Another Catchup

    Two posts in a row - that's a first for me! But I am still having trouble signing in unless I start a new post. I have a few photos to share so that will be it.

Youngest grandson with his new bike that he paid for himself with his earnings as an extra in a movie!


The last of the raspberries - they have been great this year.


Oldest grandson on the front porch barbecuing pork souvlaki for our lunch on Sunday.


Enjoying the pool on a hot afternoon  - grandson swam 2 kms. by his calculation! It was 200 lengths.


A pretty flower from the plant that over winters indoors.


Another one - I didn't think I was going to get any flowers from it this year as it was looking rather bedraggled after being in low light conditions indoors.

   So that's me up-to-date. I will probably be AFK for a few days during the tennis tournament. (away from keyboard)




16 comments:

  1. The plants are hibiscus - just remembered the name but cannot "revert to draft" to add it. Just another Blogger problem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the yellow hibiscus. I have two that I purchase this year that are a peachy colour. I will dig them out of the container they are in and bring them in this winter, along with the lemon trees I started from seed.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These two have been going in and out for the last few years.

      Delete
  3. I am amazed you can grow hibiscus but you say you winter them indoors so I guess that explains it. Such lovely tropical looking flowers. I remember sucking the nectar out of them as a kid.
    Do tell - what movie was youngest grandson in? I shall keep an eye out. Nice to have family visitors. Enjoy the tennis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will have to ask him but I know you had to watch carefully to see him - just seconds, even though he had to spend days at the studio!

      Delete
    2. It's "Women Talking" coming out in December.

      Delete
  4. Those flowers are beautiful, and you and your family must be so thankful to have use of the pool in this hot weather.
    Enjoy watching the tennis! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am making a lot of use of it but the family have had only a few visits because of conflicts - summer school, jobs etc.

      Delete
  5. Be sure to get your youngest grandson's autograph now, before fame & fortune kick it! Well done him with earning the money for his bike. Your hibiscus are beautiful. Enjoy the tennis :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has also been adding to his Education fund which is good. It has been so hot I haven't really been enjoying tennis for the last week or two. Came home exhausted today after just an hour!

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As many problems as Blogger has, I still prefer it. It's what I started with, then I tried another blog system.. didn't like it.. and right back to Blogger I went.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried any others. For a while I couldn't add photos but that corrected itself. I'm hoping this problem will do the same.

      Delete
  9. Do enjoy the tennis tournament, sounds like fun. Knock on wood, Blogger is not acting up on me, but I am seeing that I am in the minority as I catch up on blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Still one Canadian in the Men's draw. All the Canadian women have been eliminated.

    ReplyDelete