Recipes

Translate

Friday 26 August 2022

Kedgeree

    Does anyone else love Kedgeree? It is one of my comfort foods - easy to prepare, inexpensive (I have had three meals out of one fish fillet and half a cup of rice) and, if heaped with vegetables, pretty healthy! Mine included onions, green peas, tomatoes (every dish has to have a tomato component at the moment) and a small amount of grated cheese. And, of course, a generous sprinkling of curry powder for that exotic East Indian flavour. I had it with a slice of pickled beetroot and was well fed!

   What's your favourite comfort food?

   

6 comments:

  1. I remember having kedgeree as a kid but back then I wasn't fond of fish. It was too ... fishy. I should try it again. Favourite comfort food would be rice with butter, grated cheese, lashings of salt and pepper and maybe some chopped spring onions. No one said comfort food had to be healthy! A comfort meal would have to include mashed potato - a good casserole with a rich gravy and mash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure what my favourite comfort food would be. I actually love the food that my Grandma used to make which really isn't healthy at all.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably very nourishing and economical if I know Grandmas!

      Delete
  3. A quick warm pasta salad, while the pasta cooks all the salad bits and olives go in a bowl and then the pasta a a spoon of mayo - quick, simple, tasty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep a jar of pasta sauce handy for something similar but yours sounds even easier, Sue.

    ReplyDelete