Recipes

Translate

Friday 10 June 2022

Trip To Stratford (cont'd.)

    I haven't cured the Blogger problem but seem to have figured out a way to circumvent it, so here goes:

   I managed to locate the missing photos and will try to post a video of a number from the show. It was highly spectacular, so full of energy with a very talented cast. If you haven't seen "Chicago" and enjoy the music of that era (the 20's, I think) it's worth a look.

The Bard is everywhere including this life size statue in the gardens. He makes for a great photo op!

I don't often get dressed up but decided this special occasion called for something a bit fancier than my usual casual attire!

In the gift shop. I bought a couple of things for the grandkids. Oldest grandson is studying "Macbeth" in his English class.

Here's a video of the intro number in the show but with different performers but you will get the idea of the energy and musicality of the performance I saw.



7 comments:

  1. I love your jacket. The show would have been amazing to see. Especially after so long with no life performances. The cast must have had a ball as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The performer playing the lead part had to be replaced after the intermission due to illness. The change was seamless, though.

      Delete
  2. I was so happy to see this in Regina, just before Covid hit and we had the first shut down of live performances. The Globe Theater in Regina is set up to mimic the Stratford theater.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was fortunate! I hope you enjoyed the performance as much as I did.

      Delete
  3. Ooooh - your jacket is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's almost three years old but I have only got to wear it a few times. Super glad to be able to fish it out this week!

      Delete
  4. Looking smart. it was a long day, so hope you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete