Recipes

Translate

Thursday 23 June 2022

One Less Worry

    Electrician has come and gone so the A/C wiring is sorted (until the next time!). He was very punctual and done in just over an hour so didn't disrupt my day too much. It continues to be very hot but we had an early tennis slot again today which meant we were more alive than dead when we finished at 10:00 a.m.

   I had a swim when I got home from tennis and another after cutting the back grass later in the afternoon. Still not sitting outside as the back deck is scorching now that I don't have the shade of the Spruce tree. Will have to think of some way to generate some shade. The umbrella over the patio table only creates a bit of shade and the awning only stretches so far.

9 comments:

  1. I understand why the spruce had to go but you will be missing it in the hot sun. Maybe you need a portable gazebo or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't think I have room but will investigate the possibility.

      Delete
  2. Good news about the wiring, that's a weight off your mind anyway. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, finally I am beginning to see the light of day as far as problems go.

      Delete
  3. That is good news about getting the A/C wiring sorted quickly (hope there doesn't have to be until next time). Thankfully the mornings are just a tad cooler for your tennis games.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Starting early has certainly been a wise decision. Luckily, all four of us are in agreement about that.

      Delete
  4. What a relief it must be to have your thermostat issues sorted! We use shade sails quite a bit to provide shade. Some were purpose made and some were homemade using shade cloth (I like Coolaroo and Keystone) and butterfly clips that I bought on Amazon. They would be easy to take down before the winter snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will check that out Wilma. Thanks for the suggestion.

      Delete
  5. I was going to mention getting a small gazebo as well. I think that might be what we do when and if we cut down the maple tree that shades one corner of our deck.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete