Recipes

Translate

Thursday 16 June 2022

"Please hold while I transfer you"

    Not much progress on the A/C repair front. I was on the phone for over an hour today with several long waits on hold but, by the end of the conversation, it was decided I will not have to pay for the electrician. However, no date for him to call yet.

    It is extremely hot today (still 31C at 7:30 p.m.) so I am glad of the temporary fix to the A/C. I have stayed indoors most of the day except for an early morning game of tennis - I had to quit after an hour because of the heat - and half an hour gardening in the shade. Not cooling off much overnight and more of the same tomorrow. I did get in the pool for a while after tennis, just to immerse myself, and immediately felt refreshed.

   We had a very violent storm this afternoon with lots of heavy rain and high winds. It didn't last very long and no damage as far as I can see but it didn't cool things off much. As you can imagine, the humidity is sky high so not very comfortable. I hope I can sleep tonight!

8 comments:

  1. Are you inland? Even after a hot, hot day we usually get a bit of a reprieve with a coastal breeze. Any overnight temp above 25 is too hot for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Downtown is on the edge of Lake Ontario and it is often a few degrees cooler there.

      Delete
  2. That's a good result from your patience at waiting on customer service. :)
    We didn't get any of that rain yesterday :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was soooo hot yesterday, we had only a brief shower then the sun came out and it was more humid than before. More comfortable today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to read that you will not have to pay for the electrician.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I just have to wait for him to show up and complete the work successfully!

      Delete