Recipes

Translate

Tuesday 21 June 2022

Surprise Visitors

    A nice surprise this morning, the male and female Mallard ducks were back when I looked out early this morning. They hung around for a while (just hope they are not nesting in my back yard), perched on the fence to groom their feathers, then flew off. Quite a treat to see them.



   It was another scorcher today but we had decided to play tennis at 8:00 a.m. By the time we stopped at 10:00 it was getting quite steamy so we were glad to quit and head for somewhere cool, in my case a quick dip in the pool!

10 comments:

  1. Aww, look at those ducks. So cute. Well unless they are swimming in your pool.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they were in but not for long.

      Delete
  2. A dip in the pool with a summer cooler. The ducks are gorgeous. Do they make a lot of ... um ... mess?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only found a couple of deposits on the deck which I hosed off. The birds that nest in my eaves are worse.

      Delete
  3. I guess the pool attracts them. A lovely photo. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen them earlier in the year but usually by now they have headed up north where it is cooler. I think this pair my be doing that soon, it's so hot here today.

      Delete
  4. Lovely visitors & I hope that they remain as visitors & not become residents. I too was able to enjoy the cooling joys of a pool - my friend is away & I'm housing sitting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you! There's nothing like it when we have a heat wave, is there?

      Delete