Recipes

Translate

Monday 13 June 2022

Another Headache

 The company that maintains my heating and cooling system is pretty reliable and I have coverage for what I thought were all eventualities. However, this week I have come to doubt how well covered I really am.

    Last Fall my furnace wouldn't start up when the weather turned cooler so I had a visit from a technician who diagnosed the problem and replaced the thermostat lickity split. All was well until early last week. We had a couple of hot days and I optimistically turned on the A/C - nothing!

   A techie duly arrived a day or two later and spent a good hour trying to diagnose this new problem. It turned out the guy who installed the thermostat last year had only hooked up the heating. No, he couldn't fix it as there was no wire to connect to the A/C. despite it working perfectly before the thermostat was replaced. I would need an electrician to run a new wire between the thermostat and the cooling unit. 

   This is where the problem arises. The electrician is an independent contractor and requires payment from the customer. No way was I going to pay for a problem caused by a faulty repair job so I declined to have him visit. So now we are at an impass. The techie jerry rigged it so I have A/C using the wire from the furnace so I am OK for the time being but this is not over. Unbelievable! It is beginning to sound like the problem I had with my stove - a series of frustrating phone calls with very little achieved. Stay tuned for the next episode!

6 comments:

  1. Grrrr - I hate it when that happens. I hope you get a satisfactory resolution to it all. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. He should be reported to whoever is the regulatory body for his profession. There must be other customers out there who have suffered from his incompetence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is something Pat Foran would check into (CTV News). Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can just imagine how frustrating that is. We haven't turned our air on yet, but will be doing so when we leave this weekend (supposed to reach 34 C both Saturday and Sunday). I hope a resolution is reached.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That must be very frustrating. I hope you can get it resolved soon. X

    ReplyDelete