Recipes

Translate

Thursday 9 June 2022

To Be Continued

 Problems continue - I have to create a new post before I can reply to comments left on the previous one or comment on anyone else's. However, I'm sure eventually it will right itself (ever the optimist!)

   Yesterday's Trip: This is the most exciting thing that has happened to me in two years so please forgive me if I go a bit overboard with the photos etc.












    The theatre is a gorgeous venue surrounded by beautiful grounds and we had time to stroll around before the show. You can see the big red bus we travelled in, in one of the photos. A very unconventional stage and we were just 6 rows from the front so it felt very "up close and personal". 

    Just a few kilometres outside of Stratford is the small village of Shakespeare where we stopped on the way home to buy an assortment of pies. The servers were Mennonite girls and I am sure they were delighted to see us descend on the store in droves! 

    Traffic in both directions was pretty horrendous so it made for a long, tiring day. I left the house at 7:40 a.m. for the pickup and arrived back home at 8:15 p.m.

   I see I have missed a couple of photos so will post them tomorrow.

   

9 comments:

  1. Your excitement is palpable. And completely understandable after such a miserable couple of years. The grounds look beautiful. I am so glad you enjoyed yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so happy we had time to wander around, visit the gift shop and take photos before the show started.

      Delete
  2. Looks like you had fine weather for your outing! Glad you enjoyed it. Looking forward to the next set of photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a gorgeous day - not too hot, just perfect.

      Delete
  3. What a fun day out, in spite of the traffic. Seems we are back into the season of road construction everywhere! Not sure if the lady is part of your group, but what fun interacting with one of the art installations (photo #4).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She wasn't, but it looked like a fun pose and I'm sure she didn't mind me snapping her.

      Delete
  4. I loved going to Stratford when I was in high school. Saw many a Shakespearean play there.

    Love your photos.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been a couple of other times but never for a Shakespeare play.

      Delete