Recipes

Translate

Sunday 22 June 2014

Summer Is Truly Here

   Yesterday was my garage sale so I was up early to set up and get the signs up for 8:00 a.m. Lots of browsers (and lots of drive bys) but not too many people willing to part with their money! I did sell some big items but most of the purchases were from the $1 table or the 50 cent bin. Tons of stuff left over and now piled in the garage. I think I will need to have another sale in the Fall. At least I managed to get back the money I spent on signs and a bit more for my effort. Closed up around 1:00 p.m. and spent the rest of the day packing up and recovering!

   Played two long sets of tennis this morning with Susan, Kathy and Iona. I much prefer Ladies doubles to hitting aimlessly with the guys. By the time we stopped it was getting very hot and I was in the pool as soon as I got home. Once I had dried off sufficiently, I made some carrot and lentil soup for lunch to have with a croissant, roasted red pepper and cheese sandwich. 

   Some gardening this afternoon once the shade had crept around a bit. Still, it was hot work and another dip was called for. I finished the tidying up in my wet swimsuit which was much more comfortable. Spent half an hour stretched out on the lounger with a book to recover from the effort.

    A light dinner tonight - roasted vegetables with an as-yet-to-be-determined sauce or gravy - no meat. Not much on TV tonight, all my favourite shows are still being pre-empted by the soccer. However, Wimbledon starts tomorrow and I will be following that avidly. Poor James will just have to watch it with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment