Recipes

Translate

Thursday 26 June 2014

A Trip to the Beach

   I had a brain wave yesterday - take James to the beach! We do have one, even though it is just on the lake but there was lots of sand and the water was relatively clean. The sky was overcast but the temperature was quite comfortable. There were a few spots of rain but nothing to really get us wet. He played with his bucket and spade for a while, collecting water from the lake and making moats and tunnels. He had fun chasing the seagulls and we saw some redwing blackbirds that were very friendly. Then we had a picnic lunch before heading home.

   Today was extremely hot, even at 9:00 a.m. when we went to play tennis. I only lasted for about 50 minutes before having to head home for a swim. Luckily there were some interesting matches on at Wimbledon which is how I spent the rest of the morning. Two of the Canadians made it through to the next round. The high today was 28C and with the humidex, around 30C, our hottest day so far this summer. I am testing out my new air conditioning so it is quite comfortable inside, although the upper floor is still a bit on the hot side. I hope I can sleep well tonight. I cut the front grass this afternoon, requiring another swim and will go out after the sun goes down to trim off the borders. Everything is growing quite rapidly after all the rain we have had this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment