Recipes

Translate

Monday 2 June 2014

The Heat Returns

   It is a scorcher today. The morning was quite pleasant but now I feel the humidity rising and the sun has a real bite to it. The water in the pool is not quite warm enough for a dip so, for the time being, I am hiding out indoors.

    I needed a new pump for the pool filtration system, and it was installed today - another major expense on top of the floor, the furnace and air conditioner. I have had to dip into my savings this year but, what the heck, that's what they are for!

   James here today and we had to hang around while the pool guy worked, so our routine was quite disrupted. When we did finally get out to the park, James was done quite quickly (usually he can amuse himself there for over an hour) so we came home, had an early lunch then he went for a long nap. I woke him around 3:30 so he must have been bushed, poor wee chap.

   Leftover rice and asparagus tonight, to which I will add some jumbo shrimp in a homemade tomato sauce. I picked a green onion from the garden the other day, so that can go in the sauce along with some basil, also from the garden. If it cools off this evening I plan to dig up a couple of raspberry canes to get Judy's raspberry patch started. I have been promising her some canes for quite some time and I have plenty to spare.

No comments:

Post a Comment