Recipes

Translate

Saturday 31 October 2020

'Flu Shot

    Up and out early to get my 'flu shot this morning. I usually go to the drug store but they ran out very quickly so it was off to my family doctor for the seniors' dose. No lineup and no paperwork to complete so it was a quick and simple procedure. It will be two weeks before it is effective so I will try to stay clear of infection.

   Still no car and, unfortunately, it may be some time until I have wheels again. Luckily I have nowhere that I need to go! Seemingly the car needs a new battery and they are out of stock with no idea when they will be available. All told, with the other repairs the cost was going to be ridiculous so now I am considering whether to have it fixed or to trade it in for a newer model. I have had it 12 years but very low mileage. I will spend the rest of the weekend considering my options. Stay tuned, a decision will have to be made by Monday!

7 comments:

  1. We are still thinking about whether we will get a flu shot this year or not. A decision will need to be made very soon or there will be no vaccine left.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually get it and so far have never had an adverse reaction. Better safe than sorry, say I!

      Delete
  2. Well done. Not great about the car and I guess it might be wise to consider all the options.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to decide by tomorrow what is to be done with it.

      Delete
  3. Yes, I was planning on going to the pharmacy (my friend is the pharmacist) this past week for my flu shot, but they had run out. She thinks they will get some again in mid-November. I can't get into my dr. on short notice, unfortunately. Good luck with the car decision. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Jenn. Hope you manage to get your shot soon. They say there is enough for everyone who wants it, it's just a matter of distribution.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have my annual checkup next week, and am undecided if I want the flu shot or not. This may be a good year to go ahead and do it. Sorry about the bad news on the battery. I too am considering a new car, because mine needs new tires and I feel like a new one would be fun. But given that I am barely driving these days, I will probably opt for the sensible solution of new tires before winter comes.

    ReplyDelete