Recipes

Translate

Monday 5 October 2020

An Ordinary Day

    Not much to report today but it was a very pleasant day and I did a fair bit of gardening, went for a walk and generally enjoyed the outdoors. This morning I made a batch of cauliflower soup which we had for lunch, then put a loaf on to bake in the bread machine. It turned out really well for once. I used less yeast as my last few attempts have been hitting the lid of the machine and collapsing!

   I had a trip to Value Village this afternoon with a bag full of clothes I never wear. For that I got a 20% off coupon so scouted around and found new (to me) boots, two pairs of leggings and a very practical sweater for just wearing around the house. It has three quarter sleeves so I can put away all my T-shirts that are now a bit chilly. Value Village no longer has facilities to try on clothes so it was rather a hit-and-miss process. Their sizing is not always very accurate.

   Dinner tonight was salmon, French fries and brussell sprouts - no dessert but I may have a homemade oatmeal bar later. They are chewy but very good!

6 comments:

  1. Buying clothes is a bit tricky at the moment, I agree. One doesn't really want the hassle of returning stuff, even though places have very open policies for returns at the moment. Value Village sounds fantastic, such a good idea.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I'm not going anywhere at the moment I didn't want to spend too much, just needed a change from my old faithfuls!

      Delete
  2. I like being able to take things to Value Village as well. Everyone seems to have better luck finding "good stuff" there than I do. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have to be lucky and just arrive at the right time, I guess! There was tons of stuff to choose from but most of it not very appealing. I was very lucky with the boots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We don't have Value Village here in my city so I give my donations to the Salvation Army or Second Chance. I sometimes wish we did have one here.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing the variety of things they have! I got a coffee machine there recently which I am enjoying very much.

      Delete