Recipes

Translate

Thursday 15 October 2020

A New Toy

    For the first time in ages we have had continuous rain all day today. After a very dry summer the lawn has been abysmal with lots of dead patches so this good soaking should help it recover before it goes into hibernation for the winter. 

    DIL and I had a stay-at-home day and only ventured out when the dog needed to relieve herself. In fact, at one point I put her on her leash (the dog, not DIL!) and stood on the front porch while she wandered around and found a good spot to "do her business". She didn't want to stay out long anyway. 

   I am now the proud owner of a rowing machine! Son and DIL didn't want to take it to Victoria when they go later this month, and they couldn't find a friend to take it, so it will stay here. I tried it out this morning for 10 minutes and managed to work up a sweat so it might become a part of my fitness regime. I have it set on the lowest tension and that was plenty for me!

Luckily I have plenty of room for it in my basement.


5 comments:

  1. Lucky you. What a useful thing to have a-visiting!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It remains to be seen if I actually use it! Number 1 grandson has first dibs on it if I don't.

      Delete
  2. Gosh. You are very energetic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ten minutes was a struggle but I will try to work up to a better score. It tells you how far you have "rowed" and the calories used as well as the time. Very useful.

      Delete
  3. I have heard that rowers give a person an excellent work out.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete