Recipes

Translate

Saturday 17 October 2020

Return to Normal

    Well, we certainly have seen the end of our pleasant temperatures. Thursday was rainy but not too cool. Yesterday got up into the low double digits but today there was an icy wind and, although sunny, decidedly frosty. 

   I got my new garden shed ordered the other day, not online, which I would have preferred but I had to go to the store as the website wasn't cooperating. But now it is done and will come in a few days, delivered to the curb. Hopefully Steve will be able to put it together but he may have to call on help from my SIL.

   A day in the kitchen today - my only break a walk with the dog. I made turkey soup with the carcass that I had stowed in the freezer last weekend, lemon cheesecake bars to share with my tennis buddies tomorrow (if the weather cooperates) and now I am off to make a cauliflower casserole to have with the second turkey breast, also stored in the freezer since Thanksgiving dinner. A relatively easy meal all told!

Lucy practicing for her trip to Victoria next week. She has been in and out of the cage all evening.


5 comments:

  1. We are very frosty here as well, I have even pulled out my winter coat for my morning walks.

    Lucy seems to like her cage which is a very good thing indeed.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too (i.e. the winter coat). I shouldn't call it a cage as it is referred to as a "crate". Makes it sound much more humane!

      Delete
  2. It's not so cold here but feels chilly in the more filtered light. Summer is well and truly over now!
    Well done, Lucy!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucy's crate has a very comfy pad and her own special blanket so she should be quite comfortable.

      Delete
  3. Is Lucy a Bull Terrier? That is my favourite breed of dog. I imagine with so few seats being booked, Lucy could sit right up front in the cabin (lol).

    ReplyDelete