Recipes

Translate

Sunday 25 October 2020

A Chilly Start

   Freezing on the tennis courts  this morning - I didn't really get warmed up until we were almost done. The nets and wind screens will probably come down this week. Time to call it a year!

    I think it was 2C when we started (all bundled up) and only made it up to 6C this afternoon. The worst part was our hands - it was hard to grip the tennis racquet with numb fingers! 

   Needless to say I haven't been out since except for a quick run up to the grocery store for a few items for dinner. I found a piece of flank steak in the freezer (never cooked it before) but searched a good crock pot recipe on the internet so that's what we will have tonight. I have been trying out some new recipes since I am cooking for two (son is still here) instead of one. Hope it gets good and fender!

9 comments:

  1. Wish I was coming to dinner. Cheese on toast on a Sunday.... Sunset 4.30. now. Will get earlier shortest day 21st December.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish you would be here too, Jill. It's a bit boring with just the two of us and son leaves in a couple of weeks.

      Delete
  2. Goodness. How quickly your temperatures have changed! It doesn't seem that long ago you had 20C!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colder weather has really settled in now. Frost tomorrow night.

      Delete
  3. I have never cooked flank steak either. You will have to let us know how the recipe turned out.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was tasty but a bit chewy. Son didn't seem to mind. I probably won't try it again!

      Delete
  4. That really does sound chilly! What a contrast.
    The steak should be gorgeous with some long and slow cooking. Enjoy!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it could have done with a but longer.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete