Recipes

Translate

Tuesday 9 June 2020

Trying to Stay Cool

   I spent most of today outdoors despite it being extremely hot. It started with an hour of tennis while it was still cool. Susan and I hit the courts at 8:00 a.m. Cut back some bushes, had a swim, repotted my violets, had a swim, watered the vegetables and, you guessed it, had another swim. But a nap was called for after lunch. A special lunch today - egg salad with basil from the garden, lettuce, cucumber, radish, red pepper, green onion and half an avocado, with a dash of lemon juice and a drizzle of EVO oil. Delicious!

    The main floor of the house has stayed remarkably cool but tonight may be a bit hot and sticky in the bedroom, being upstairs. I will open all the windows once the sun goes down and hope for a bit of a breeze.

   I spent quite a bit of the afternoon reading - another one from my shelf, "By Its Cover" by Donna Leon. I hadn't read it for a while (I love Commisario Brunetti) and couldn't remember the denoument so it kept me guessing. Tomorrow I have booked a time to pick up my holds from the library (curb side pick up and drop off only at the moment) so finally something new to read.


Looking a lot more comfortable in their bigger pot.


10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Another hot one today but I spent most of it indoors.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a good day indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I accomplished a lot despite the heat. Not so much today!

      Delete
  3. Busy day! I, too, love Donna Leon's Brunetti books and think I must have read them all. I wish there were more of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems a while since she brought out a new one.

      Delete
  4. How lovely. I have to smile - we seem to spend half our year trying to cool down that other half trying to warm up.
    What a gorgeous day.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! The heat really defeated me today. I didn't go out much. A cool front is coming through tonight, thankfully, as I have a tennis game planned for tomorrow.

      Delete
  5. I also like Donna Leon's Brunetti. Her books always make me hungry for some pasta.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some of the meals his wife Paola creates effortlessly are to die for!

    ReplyDelete