Recipes

Translate

Friday 5 June 2020

Asparagus

    My shopping day is now Thursdays as that is when seniors are given priority access to my local No Frills store. Unfortunately the time slot is 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. which means I go before I eat breakfast. This is fatal as I invariably buy things I don't really need. This week it was two different fancy cheeses which were both 50% off. I couldn't decide between them so took both!

   Also this week there was a special on asparagus. I do love asparagus but is is usually so expensive I feel guilty buying it. This week's price was too good to resist. However, now I have to eat asparagus with every meal and tomorrow I will even have it in my breakfast omelet. After that I will be sick of it until next Spring!

The fancy cheeses - one Brie and one Camembert.



The asparagus keeping moist along side a "living lettuce" with its roots still attached, on my kitchen counter.

6 comments:

  1. Must go and do the same thing with my asparagus - clever!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does last a bit longer if you keep the base moist.

      Delete
  2. If I go shopping when hungry I buy all the wrong things. Forget healthy fruit and veg - give me chocolate and ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I managed to avoid the ice cream but did buy some chocolate.

      Delete
  3. I'm exactly the same if I go shopping when I'm hungry. I'm craving some delicious baked camembert now. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are definitely a treat for me too.

    ReplyDelete