Recipes

Translate

Tuesday 30 June 2020

Finally, a Haircut

   Managed to get an appointment at my hairdresser's today - she wasn't as busy as I expected as this is the first full week they are allowed to open. Now I look much more like my profile photo - just a few years' older!

    I wasn't too reassured as to the virus protection though - she is a very touchy, feely person and was constantly getting in my face (albeit with her mask and mine in between) and stroking my shoulder (in a nice way). However, I'm sure I will be fine - I'll know in a couple of weeks!

   
    Tennis this morning. We continued to play doubles despite another stern warning from the club executive. Not to us personally, just a general reminder that the club's permit would be voided if the members didn't follow the COVID restrictions. There wasn't anybody else there until just before we finished so we will still carry on bending the rules. I'm just too old to play singles! Kathy and I won the first set and Susan and I won the second. We played for just over an hour then back here for a well-deserved swim and coffee. A morning well spent!

9 comments:

  1. I'm sure that was fine with the masks. It must have been so hard for these tactile people over the last few months - and will continue to be too.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does a really good cut so I wouldn't want to go elsewhere.

      Delete
  2. Hurray for the haircut - I am waiting for my appointment in mid July - I shall be sitting on mine soon it grows quite quickly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so relieved to get it cut at last!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the haircut. Funny how such a small thing makes us feel so much better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pretty desperate so didn't want to wait a moment longer!

      Delete
  4. Yeah to a haircut. Bending the rules during a pandemic?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The numbers have really come down in Toronto so I think I will be OK.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My friend, who is a hairdresser, has had to turn her phone off occasionally as she's now being inundated with calls asking for an appointment. X

    ReplyDelete