Recipes

Translate

Saturday 20 June 2020

None Too Smart

   Funny story. Now that I have a working pool heater, I invited the grandkids over for a swim today. Went out first thing to turn on the heater so it would be warm for them when they arrived. No luck, the darned thing wouldn't start up! Fiddled with the switch and the thermostat, but still nothing.

    Phoned the pool company, very indignant - why is this thing not working? It worked yesterday. Got a reply, "needs good pressure, check that baskets are clean (they were) and give it a backwash (done last Monday)". Still nothing.

 The family came over and I explained the problem. Daughter took one look at the dial and figured out I had turned the thermostat down instead of up. Problem solved. She has now declared herself a qualified pool technician. This to be added to veterinary assistant when she doctored a sick gecko lizard recently.  

   In my defense I have to say, on the old heater you turned the thermostst to the right to increade the temperature. On this one you turn it to the left! The kids went in regardless and the water was warm enough for the adults by lunch time.

A diving game. James (youngest) won.


Elliot expertly barbecuing hot dogs for lunch. It's not hard!

Treats afterwards while they dried off. It was too hot for me to sit in the sun.

Natalie choosing not to be photographed in her skimpy bikini.


10 comments:

  1. It's perfect pool weather! I wish we did have a pool heater. Now that we have propane, we may look into a propane heater. The water was over 80 degrees, so that's pretty good for us! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't bother heating it for myself but it is handy for family and geusts who are not so thick blooded! Over 80C is almost bath temperature for me.

      Delete
  2. It looks sheer bliss and I chuckled over your story!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In retrospect it was funny but not so much at the time.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I'm hoping for lots more fun times this summer.

      Delete
  4. How lovely. Too cold here for a pool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never mind. At least you probably don't have the high humidity which comes with the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What's that they say about hind sight ... With all the heat & humidity & not even dipping down much at night, your pool will heat up without the heater. How lovely to be able to go for a dip when ever. Are the public pools open in Toronto yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not so far, even condo pools are still closed. But I hear we are moving forward to Stage 2 on Wednesday.

      Delete