Recipes

Translate

Wednesday 6 November 2019

Winter! Bring It On!

    My painful back and hip are much improved - I had a 40 minute walk in two 20 minute stints today and managed a fairly active fitness class. However, I am still very stiff if I am inactive for any length of time, limping for the first few steps when I get up out of bed or a chair. This wears off quickly but is a bit worrying.

   The weather has definitely taken the first steps toward winter this week. Snow flurries are forecast in the next few days and there will be an overnight low of -8C by the weekend. And the dreaded words, "wind chill", were mentioned today in the weather forecast. This is how cold it feels when the wind is added to basic temperature, as in "The temperature is -8C with the wind chill making it feel like -15C". Brrrr!

   

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you dreading the winter coming upon us fast - we had snow that stayed on the ground last night! It's the coats, boots, hats, mittens bundling that I really don't like to have to do, but yes I'm thankful I have all those things :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is cold here - damp cold and we have flooding in some areas. We also have a nice little water feature outside our living room window -oh the joys of the winter months.

    ReplyDelete