Recipes

Translate

Monday 11 November 2019

Remembrance Day

   "The eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month"

"Lest We Forget"


   A very cold snowy day for people attending Remembrance Day services here and at the National Memorial in Ottawa. I went to my local community centre where we watched the ceremony on TV and stood for the two minutes of silence. The bugle playing the "Last Post" always makes me teary eyed. But it is better to share the experience with others. 

   Evening plans were curtailed today as I had had enough of driving on slippery roads and cleaning off the car (three times!). So I decided not to go to dance group this evening. As it turned out the teacher decided to cancel, as he had so many people phone and say they weren't coming. Very wise decision IMHO!

   The snow is supposed to stop around midnight so tomorrow will be the big clean up. Out with the snow shovel for the first time this winter!

2 comments:

  1. I too find the Last Post very emotional. I was truly impressed with the turn out, in spite of the nasty weather, at our village cenotaph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Felt sorry for the participants. Hope they were well wrapped up.

    ReplyDelete