Recipes

Translate

Sunday 3 November 2019

Fall Back

   Clocks went back last night and now, at 6:00 p.m., it is completely dark. And so it begins , the dark and dreary days of late Fall until we reach the Winter equinox in December, the shortest day.

   A nothing day today, just glad to be cosy indoors. I did take a walk down to the drug store to mail a letter and check the P.O. Box. I have my personal mail delivered but the P.O. Box is for the RWTO luncheon cheques. Our next lunch is November 19th so the cheques are beginning to come in thick and fast. Last month we had 119 members attend.

   In the afternoon I bundled up and did a bit in the garden. I trimmed back the roses and covered them with mulch from the composter as frost is forecast tomorrow night. While out there I felt some stings on my face - it was tiny ice pellets! They didn't last long but the sky got very dark. Hopefully we will have a warmer spell before the real winter weather arrives!

2 comments:

  1. It felt so late tonight when we headed down to town to shop but it was only 5 o'clock. I don't like dark mornings at all - I miss being woken up by the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it's still dark, I just turn over and have a few more minutes of shut-eye! Nothing to get up early for at the moment.

    ReplyDelete