Recipes

Translate

Saturday 7 October 2017

Something From Across the Seas

   A very late start, almost 9:00 a.m. before I surfaced.  I had a slow morning - laundry, batch of celery soup on the go and cleaned the kitchen. I did get out to the grocery store for some fresh fruit and vegetables but only spent $11!

   I found a reduced price lamb shoulder chop so that was dinner, and very tasty it was too, braised with a bit of marsala wine. Not only was it 30% off, I got 500 PC points as well to spend later. So, all in all, quite an inexpensive meal.

    A birthday card arrived yesterday from my brother in Johannesburg - their postal service is erratic to say the least. I have given up mailing things to him. But the card was very special so I'm glad it got here safely and just a wee bit late.


No comments:

Post a Comment