Recipes

Translate

Monday 9 October 2017

A BIG Disappointment

   Rain overnight but still very mild. It got up to 20C this afternoon.

   I had just got the roasted potatoes in the oven (my contribution for our holiday lunch) when I was struck with a stomach bug - so no Thanksgiving dinner for me today. I had to settle for soup and crackers instead. Steve and Alison came by on their way to Judy's and picked up the roasties. They looked so good I was tempted to sample one but decided that would not sit well in my stomach. Such a dismal day for me!

   I spent the rest of the morning reading and sleeping. I actually felt a bit better by the afternoon and was able to get out and bring in all the green tomatoes left on the vines. There were about twenty and will sit in the sun on a tray so they should be ripe by the time I get back in two weeks. I have also brought in some of the outdoor plants just in case there's a frost while I am away.

No comments:

Post a Comment