Recipes

Translate

Thursday 4 February 2016

Out and About All Day

    As I predicted, we are back to more seasonal temperatures today - only 3C  although it was sunny and the wind had died down. I had quite a busy day, starting with yoga at 9:00 a.m. then a short break at home, just enough time to wash up the breakfast (and last night's dinner) dishes and fix myself a packed lunch. This was to take with me to Bridge and eat in between hands or when I was "dummy".

   The bridge was fun - we had some interesting hands on both sides. I bid and made a five hearts contract at one point which was quite thrilling! We played until 3:00 p.m. when I left for a swim, sauna and soak in the hot tub to get rid of the aches from yoga. The sauna is a new endeavour and I am finding it quite relaxing - it's not as hot as I imagined it might be - a dry heat and quite bearable for about 5 minutes.

   Dinner tonight was Tuscan chicken from the freezer. I had made it last week but didn't feel up to eating it after the first day so packaged into individual portions which I will dip into over the next few days.

   My new favourite TV show is on tonight at 10:00 p.m. - "Shetland" - a detective show set in the Shetland Islands north of the Scottish mainland. The scenery is very bleak but much as I imagined it must be that far north. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment