Recipes

Translate

Saturday 27 February 2016

A Day At Home

    Much milder today, starting at -4C and sunny this morning. By noon it had clouded over but got up to 5C, so feeling a bit more like the coming of Spring.

   Just the usual Saturday chores - a load of laundry washed and hung to dry, grocery shopping and, on the way home, a stop at the drug store to pick up my prescription. Since then it has been a relaxing day, including a nap.

   I had an interesting meal this evening. I baked some chicken drumsticks in a sticky sauce, took the meat off the bones and wrapped them in tacos with lettuce and half an avocado. It was delicious and filling and so easy! I had bought the avocado in the morning ($1.29, ridiculous price!) and had a feeling it was a little over ripe and about to spoil. I had to trim a few soft spots but, other than that, it was perfect. By tomorrow it would have been spoiled, this has happened to me often. It's so hard to tell what they are like inside.

   I have the fire on tonight even though it's not very cold. It just looks more cheerful. I have a good book on the go, "The Hired Girl", and some good shows on TV, so I will be cozy and entertained!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment