Recipes

Translate

Wednesday 17 July 2013

Too Hot....!

   The house did not cool down overnight - I got up around 2:00 a.m (I'd been sleeping in the basement ) and the main floor was 27C, the upstairs 32C. Not much cooler by 7:30 a.m. but I closed all the windows and hoped for the best.  It's actually the humidity that makes it feel so uncomfortable. Judy and the kids arrived around 11:30 and went straight in the pool; they looked quite exhausted with the heat. We had lunch outside which turned out to be a very good idea as they went right back in the water as soon as they ate.

   James went to his room around 1:00 but didn't sleep - I didn't blame him as it was quite uncomfortable up there. I guess I'll be sleeping in the basement again tonight. Natalie made up a little nest down there in the afternoon and had forty winks.

   We have just got out of the pool, dried off and it is clouding over. Only two more days of this heat as it is forecast to drop down to 14C on Friday night. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment