Recipes

Translate

Monday 1 July 2013

Canada Day

    Hey! Who's been eating my Canada Day cupcake? It definitely has a nibble out of it. Well, I ate it anyway and it was delicious - chocolate sponge with whipped cream topping. I ate every crumb.

    A special holiday social at the tennis club  today - round robin play from 10:00 a.m. to noon, then lunch; hamburgers and two salads, followed by more cake and lots of nibblies, coffee and lemonade. I will definitely need to go easy on my food intake for the rest of the week as I am still working on the cheesecake from Saturday's party. We were quite lucky with the weather today as it was threatening to rain (although not cold) all afternoon but it never materialized. After the food there were announcements and a lucky draw - no prizes for me this time. I headed home around 1:00 p.m. and had a nap before doing some garden clean-up. It was an ideal day for that - cool and no humidity.

    Right now fireworks are popping in the distance. Happy Canada Day to all Canadians at home and abroad!

No comments:

Post a Comment