Recipes

Translate

Friday 12 July 2013

Blue Hues

    A new colour in my garden palette, this time out front - and this is the only place in my borders where blue dominates. This plant, I believe, is called "Balloon Flower". You can see, before the blossoms open, they resemble little balloons. This particular perennial propagates easily, as I found out after nipping off the old blossoms and tossing them back in the border. Next year I had dozens of new plants!
     I'm not sure what this plant is called, as it just appeared in my border, but it is such a pretty mauve colour that I encouraged it along and now have it in two spots. It looks very colourful in contrast to the little sedum bush beside it.
 
   Beautiful weather for the last two days. The humidity has gone, the nights are cool and the days, sunny and warm - perfect tennis weather, but also good and cool for garden tasks. Today it's cleaning the pool!

   Yesterday I started reading Dan Brown's latest book, "Inferno". It's another conspiracy tale featuring his hero, Robert Langdon (played by Tom Hanks in the movie versions). I really enjoyed his two previous adventures "Da Vinci Code" and "Angels and Demons". We shall see how this one stacks up against them. So far it is similarly fast-paced and full of danger.

No comments:

Post a Comment