Recipes

Translate

Tuesday 16 July 2013

A Couple of Lazy Days

   I have been very lazy about keeping my blog up-to-date, primarily because it has been very hot. Also, my back has been bothering me - too much tennis and some hard gardening. Over the weekend I finally got the bushes at my front door trimmed down to size as Steve had fixed my hedge trimmer the last time he visited. I had to get out the stepladder to reach the top but they look much better now.

   Today, feeling a bit more agile, I headed out early for tennis as a heat alert had been issued. We played sporadically for about an hour and a half by which time the temperature was approaching 30C. I was surprised how much more comfortable I felt after hitting a few balls but didn't move around the court too much because of the heat. Everyone was doing the same. After a swim and lunch I headed to my bed for a nap and have been in and out of the pool since, alternating with reading in the shade.

   I have finished Dan Brown and am now reading "The View From Penthouse B", a very funny novel by Elinor Lipman. It's about two newly single sisters and their adventures into the world of online dating. Quite hilarious! 

   The raspberries are coming in, with a vengeance, but I have held off picking too many as the grandkids are coming over tomorrow and will demolish them in short order. I hope they have fun in the pool as the temperature of the water today was 82F, hotter without the use of the heater than I can ever remember. I will try to get some photos of them.

   Luckily, it is leftover chicken tonight so I don't have to turn on the oven. I am praying that the house will cool off somewhat overnight so that James can sleep tomorrow afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment