Recipes

Translate

Sunday 17 February 2013

A Day For New Resolutions

    It is extremely cold today. My outside thermometer registered -13 degrees celsius when I got up this morning. It managed up to -9C by noon but is now dropping as the sun sets behind the trees. With the wind chill ( what the weather reporters refer to as the "real feel") the current temperature is around -19C and will drop further during the night. I will be staying indoors.

    Spent the day catching up on the weekend newspapers. It's amazing how fast time passes when you are reading! I have started Anna Karenina - it is heavy going but I am determined to persevere, at least until I can get to the library.

    Tomorrow is a holiday (Family Day) and I plan to start my Spring cleaning. Spring is too nice a season to stay indoors doing housework so I will try to have it all done before the end of March. I have a strong urge to purge the house of all the junk I have accumulated in the 14 years that I have lived here. I wonder if this foretells another move!  Also, I have decided to cut out liquor and chocolate for Lent. So far I have eaten all the chocolate in the house but there are still some liqueurs in the liquor cabinet which I am diligently consuming! I figure I will save about $80 dollars by Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment