Recipes

Translate

Tuesday 19 February 2013

A Close Call

     Usually I have James on Mondays and Wednesdays. Today being Tuesday, I had made other plans - lunch with my retired teachers' group followed by a dance demo for said group. However,  at 8:15 I got an ominous phone call! Generally no one calls me that early in the morning. I had a nasty premonition that it would not be good news.

     Sure enough it was bad news. James was sick again and couldn't go to day care. Could he be dropped at my house? How happy I was to have made firm (and non-cancellable) plans - already paid for the lunch!  As it turned out things worked out for the best. After a visit to the doctor, Dave worked from home and James slept most of the afternoon. He will be here tomorrow, sick or well, and my only goal will be to comfort and cuddle him and keep him happy.

  The demo went well (apart for some technical problems with the sound system) and my introduction was well received. I think I even heard someone chuckle at a small joke I made. Can't think why I was so apprehensive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment